C-A-T® Combat Application Tourniquet® 7.GEN. | Original C-A-T® from CAT RESOURCES, LLC
The most common single turnstile easy to apply with one hand. In crisis situations, C-A-T® completely closes the blood flow in traumatic injuries with severe bleeding.
This tourniquet utilizes a freely moving clamping system on the tape to create increased pressure around the entire circumference.
After tightening the turnstile, the clamping system is secured with a Velcro against loosening during the transport of the injured and the time of application of the tourniquet is recorded on the white field.
Since its combat introduction by the U.S. Army in 2005, the Combat Application Tourniquet® – a true one-handed tourniquet – has decreased the mortality rate due to extreme exsanguination by 85%. The U.S. Army Institute of Research deemed it to be 100% effective.
Orange C-A-T has the same properties as the black one but is specially developed for ambulance care and rescue services.
Blue C-A-T has the same features as the others but is specially designed and may only be used for teaching / training.
FAST. SAFE. EFFECTIVE. THE GEN7 ADVANTAGE.
The Single Routing Buckle is a direct response to in-depth reviews of field and testing reports. Featuring a new single-routing buckle system, the C•A•T® GEN7 allows for simpler and faster application with more efficient slack removal resulting in decreased blood loss with fewer windlass turns.
WHEN EVERY SECOND COUNTS
Despite the proven effectiveness of the Combat Application Tourniquet®, the new C•A•T® GEN7 goes even further toward making it easier and faster to use. All six components of the Combat Application Tourniquet® have been re-designed and improved on the C•A•T® GEN7.
- SINGLE ROUTING BUCKLE - Decreased blood loss, effective slack removal, fewer windlass turns, simplified training with single protocol application standards
- WINDLASS ROD - Increased diameter, enhanced strength, aggressive ribbing improves grip
- WINDLASS CLIP - Bilateral beveled entry, rapid windlass lock, bilateral buttress, added strength
- WINDLASS STRAP - New reinforced strap, gray color for tactical considerations (Black only)
- STABILIZATION PLATE - Reinforced, beveled contact bar, improved comfort
- FREE-MOVING INTERNAL BAND - Patented band within band, truly even distribution of circumferential pressure
VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO USE
Weight: 50 g
Dimensions:17 x 4 x 4 cm
Category: Medical gear
Color: 3 versions